Capita Healthcare Decisions support over 320 million people globally. They provide the decision management system (DMS) used by NHS 111 service alongside many healthcare companies around the world.
The product enables healthcare providers to create, edit and manage complicated decision making processes and workflows to meet their needs.
Capita were in the position where the system was no longer fit for purpose:
- User training was extensive, taking several weeks
- Changes to the core decision tree were very time-consuming and convoluted
- User errors frequently occurred
- Inability to scale the solution for future innovation and different sectors
As part of the migration from an installed software solution to a SAAS product, Capita Healthcare Decisions saw an opportunity to transform the service experience.
The objectives of the project were to:
- Revolutionise the Decision Management System (DMS) to provide a cutting edge SAAS solution
- Take advantage of developments in AI and machine learning
- Provide an efficient, effective and easy to use experience
- Minimise the need for user training
- Provide guidance to ensure user errors are prevented
- Provide a future ready platform
We needed to ensure that the user and the business were engaged throughout the process to deliver a solution that would revolutionise the experience and exceeds their expectations.
To transform the experience, we followed a user-centred approach to innovate and meet user needs. We collaborated closely with Capita to ensure that the solution would fully meet business needs.
The discovery phase, identified the commercial realities of service design and delivery at Capita. Working collaboratively, we developed personas, mapped user journeys and created initial concepts.. We engaged different user types to understand their needs and challenges including patients through to clinicians, content authors and administrators.
Ideation workshops enabled us to identify opportunities to innovate. From there, we moved into an iterative agile design approach, developing concepts, journeys and prototypes, testing and refining. User insight helped us to identify areas that were not intuitive or did not fit with their workflow and iterate to optimise the experience.
The next stage of the project plans to use artificial intelligence and machine learning to speed up the decision making process based on known factors.
If you are interested to learn more about our UX Research & Design services then get in touch at email@example.com or call 020 7947 4940.